Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm not a crazy cat lady because I like to party


Cats are weird:
Tasks that require a cat-free space bother my "attention-whore" year-old cat to the extent that he feels compelled to do the most adorable, purring "kitty-flop" right in the middle of whatever I am working on. Whether he gets right in the middle of laundry sorting, putting together a puzzle (see picture), lays on the keyboard causing random windows to pop up, or joins me "helpfully" at the side of my plate of food waiting for handouts......it's a bit frustrating even though it is adorable.

I like to get out of the house and volunteer, hang with friends, study,work, whatever, so if I am a crazy cat lady, I'm in denial!

Random thing of the day: superhero powers. One girl said hers would be 3D vision in an ice-breaker for a class last night. Now, I completely stole this bit of snark from I-don't-know-where, but.....the world IS in 3D. What exactly was she wishing for?

By the way, I couldn't think of a truly awesome superpower, so I said I'd like the dexterity of a cat. Thinking about this further, my cats weigh about 10 pounds each and can jump about 5 feet with a soft landing (although it doesn't make the downstairs neighbor happy.) Extending the math, I would technically be able to safely jump 70 feet. You have to admit that's pretty cool, albeit a bit useless unless I were trying to get somewhere more quickly.

Non-cat things: Follow-up on the last entry--I finished "Disappearing Acts" by Terri McMillan and bought her recent book, "Getting to Happy" at a Borders 'going-out-of-business' sale. I am going to miss that store. I liked it so much more than Barnes and Noble.

Comment and tell me random things. Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Pouncy can also contort his body such that his hind legs face west, his front legs face east, his head points north, leaving his ass to point orthogonal to everything else straight up in the er.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comment polite and friendly. Thanks!